The first thing I baked in my Friday Pumpkin Madness was this pumpkin bundt cake. This recipe is adapted from a tasteofhome.com’s Moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake.
Moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves.
- Add to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack.
- Remove pan and cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
VERDICT: While the cake tasted awesome, it wasn’t very moist. I mean it was and it wasn’t. It wasn’t moist like a brownie, it was a drier moist that yielded a lot of crumbing. Overall, very good. Easy to make and store Middle son LOVED this as did the youngest who asked that I make it for his birthday cake (which he wants designed in Umizoomi)