I love broccoli salad. I like the sweet and the salad and the crunch. Oh yummy! This is a great recipe! You can sub-out the almonds and use cashews which are also super tasty. You can add bacon which is traditional for broccoli salad but I like it without bacon (I know, I know, I said NO to bacon which is odd for me). You can add in salted (for contrast) sunflower or pumpkin seeds which would add more protein to this. Most people use this as a side dish. I shamefully, eat it as a meal like lunch or for a snack. 🙂
BROCCOLI SALAD MY WAY
2 heads fresh broccoli (about 8 cups)
1 medium sweet onion, diced
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup craisins, soaked in hot water so they soften up & then drained
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, salted (OPTIONAL)
1. Cut broccoli inro bite-sized pieces.
2. Combine broccoli, onion, raisins, craisins, and almonds (plus sunflower seeds if adding) in a large bowl.
3. Make dressing by combining mayonnaise, sugar & vinegar in a small bowl and whisking until smooth.
4. Add dressing to the brocccoli mix. Stor well to coat.
5. Grind sea salt to taste. Stor again
6. Chill & enjoy! 🙂