My kids BEG for this soup.
Of course, HT & OC simply call it “cheese chunk soup” but no matter what you call it, it’s delicious!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Write a review
- 1 large onion (about 2 cups), diced small
- 1 can pinto beans (~15 oz)
- 1 can black beans (~15 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 can beer (I normally use Yuengling)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilis (~10 oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (~15 oz)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or minced)
- 2 whole skinless chicken breasts
- cubed Monterrey jack cheese
- cubed avocado
- sour cream
- broken tortilla chips
- Add onion, pinto beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beer, and taco seasoning to slow cooker.
- Stir to blend.
- Place chicken breasts on top but press down slightly just until covered by liquid/ingredients.
- Set on low for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken and using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- Stir chicken back into the soup & continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Place a 4-6 pieces of cheese in each bowl. Then add some tortilla chips & a few pieces of avocado. Ladle soup into bowl. Let sit for a few minutes so chees gets soft.
- Top with a spoonful of sour cream.
Food Geek Mom https://www.foodgeekmom.com/
Pictures to follow