Semi make-ahead meal. You do most prepping before but cook mix for 40 minutes day of. Easy meal to have on hand and toss in the pot!
2 pounds pork loin or boneless center chops, rinsed, fat trimmed & cut into small cubes.
1-1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds onions, chopped
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
- put pork in bag (freezer bag or vacuum bag – gallon size)
- heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft stirring occasionally (will take 10-15 minutes).
- Add water & store.
- Add bouillon, garlic, thyme, paprika, salt & pepper. Cook for 10 minutes longer stirring occasionally.
- let mixture cool & then pour over pork.
- Seal freeze
Then – completely thaw meal in refrigerator.
- pour bagged mix into a large pot & add 1-1/2 cups of water & stir.
- Cook over medium heat until pork is cooked & sauce gets thick. This takes about 30-40 minutes.
- If needed, add more water if goulash becomes dry.